Analytics - Conversion Optimisation | iWeb
The web changes almost on a daily basis. Most new technologies and trends come into the limelight, have their fifteen minutes of fame and are swiftly forgotten about.
However, there are several new features/trends that are worthy of our attention, have significant benefits and can help you better the service that you provide via your website.
We've chosen our favourite picks of the latest trends.
Collect feedback with Kampyle
It is generally good practice to offer visitors the opportunity to log feedback. Kampyle is a mini application that can be tailored to ask specific questions to the visitor. It records the data securely along with geographical/browser details and allows for comprehensive reporting via your Kampyle control panel.
- After a few months there will be enough data to clearly see whether visitors are generally happy with the website/service you provide. It also alerts you of any immediate issues that people face whilst dealing with your service/products or using the website.
- You can also increase the volume of quality feedback by prompting customers who fit certain criteria, for example:
- Email existing customers who have not purchased recently with an aim to find out why.
- Emailing customers who purchased within the last few months to find out what improvements could be made to both the products, services and delivery.
- Emailing customers who have registered but never purchased to discover what issues they had with the checkout.
- Emailing customers who added products to their cart but didn't checkout at all.
ClickTale (interaction tracking)
ClickTale is a third party reporting service that, once installed by iWeb, allows you to see exactly how people use the website. ClickTale monitors the visitors' mouse movement and clicks (and keyboard activity) for the duration of their visit. It records these individually (for playback) and combines the data to give reports that show drop-off points and areas of interest/concern.
- Once installed you can identify differences between where people click and where you actually want them to. It can also help to diagnose how easy the website is to use. If there aren't areas of significant heat (concentrated clicks) it's usually because the call to action is not clear.
Google Analytics is a comprehensive website reporting suite provided free of charge by Google. At its most basic level Analytics allows you to see the number of visitors to your website, where they found your website, where they are geographically located and records details about their visits.
- If you haven't installed Analytics already we can install it for you. We can also set up more advanced features of Analytics to monitor the volume of sales/enquiries.
Webmaster tools (Google, Bing, Yahoo)
The three big search engines all provide website owners/developers with webmaster tools. These tools typically include ways to ensure that your website is being indexed correctly and that their search engine "bots" visit your website frequently enough to take account of any changes.
- The three big search engines all provide website owners/developers with webmaster tools. These tools typically include ways to ensure that your website is being indexed correctly and that their search engine "bots" visit your website frequently enough to take account of any changes.
- Webmaster Tools can also highlight any issues that arise courtesy of people clicking on your search engine results yet not finding the website (normally caused by pages being renamed or deleted).
- Webmaster tools also provide an insight into how many websites link through to your website (helping with SEO) and gives the current position in search engines for a range of performing keywords.
User testing A/B
As we have worked closely with you and have a thorough understanding of the project, it can sometimes be worth spending time gathering the thoughts of outsiders.
- UserTesting.com is an affordable user-testing experience that allows you to give a task to a novice user and get their feedback on how they found their experience.
- For a minimal fee you receive a video of a user speaking their thoughts as they browse your website (recorded to allow for playback) and a written summary of what they liked, disliked and what would have caused them to leave your website and look elsewhere.
- As part of their service you suggest tasks that will take up to 15 minutes to complete.
- We would normally advise having three or four tests performed. Our aim is to work with you to remove all hindrances and issues that are highlighted as part of the user tests.
Everyone knows that page loads times are crucial to both user friendliness and customer retention. Using a variety of techniques we can often reduce page load times to ensure a quicker and more pleasant website experience.
- This service is delivered courtesy of our code and database optimisation, expert site compression and high-performance hosting infrastructure.
This service only applies to a very select range of clients who are looking to deliver the very best online experience.