Six tips for a better e-commerce website
E-commerce business is booming at a fast pace. So, if you are starting up an e-commerce website, approaching a good web design company is the key to success. An e-commerce web site is the first interface between the customers and the seller, so it needs to be designed in such a way that can be easily navigated by customers without hassles or confusion. Here are a few pointers;
- Let customers find your product in fewer clicks – Don’t create obstacles and increase the time required to make a substantial buying decision. Successful e-commerce is all about convenience – make sure you work with the best web design company possible.
- Emphasise products - Keep your e-commerce website design as simple as you can. Look at Amazon.com for an example of clean design appearance, with products well categorised and clearly visible.
- Show high quality pictures – E-commerce website shopping is quite different from shopping from a physical store. Customers need reassurance – so always show as much as you can of the products. Alternative and magnified views are always useful. Also keep information short with option of clicking through to more detail.
- Keep customers informed – Successful e-commerce is about confidence too. Keep them up to date with received payment notification, delivery date and clearly display how customer services can be contacted.
- Provide online support - Live chat support not only offers somebody to talk to, it can also be used as customer database maintenance. This can be recorded for future reporting and analysis of your e-commerce web site.
- Let customers shop without registration - Forcing users to register before adding products to the shopping cart is counter-productive in e-commerce. Instead, give them the freedom to explore the products, leaving information gathering until the payment stage. Avoid making them fill out forms at the point of payment too – that just leads to lost sales.
A reputable web design company will be familiar with all these e-commerce techniques. Not only do they offer a better experience for your customers, they’ll generate more e-commerce revenue for you too.
For even the most complex eCommerce projects, contact iWeb.
Call today for a free no obligation chat on
01785 279 920 or send us your brief